Type of Workshop
A report is an exercise in persuasion. This programme gives you the skills to write persuasive and coherent reports. It will help you organise information and – more importantly – communicate powerful ideas to support decision-making. We shall work on how to make language work for us, and how to make reports look as good as they read.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- take a constructive and creative approach to report-writing;
- create persuasive arguments;
- use data and information to support arguments;
- use plain English;
- use language that is appropriate to the readership;
- format to attract attention (headlines, summaries, layout, graphics etc);
- proofread for accuracy; and
- understand key issues of grammar and punctuation.
This workshop is for any member of staff who would like to improve and develop their skills in report writing.
Trainer led session with interactive exercises and discussion
- Wednesday, October 18, 2017
- 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Room CD113, Academy House