Understanding the University’s Student Conduct and Discipline Rules: A practical guide.
Brief Outline: A better understanding of implementing the Student Conduct and Discipline Rules
The Student Conduct and Discipline Rules form part of the University’s regulations (www.mdx.ac.uk/regulations) and describes how Middlesex students are expected to conduct themselves at all times in a manner which demonstrates respect for the University, their fellow students and staff. There is a separate process for handling Academic Misconduct relating to assessment.
Non-academic misconduct includes but is not restricted to: disruption of the learning environment; threatening or offensive behaviour or language; fraud, deceit or deception; breaches of the Codes of Conduct; behaviour which brings the University into disrepute; failure to comply with professional codes of behaviour where a programme of study is linked to a particular profession.
- To gain an appreciation of the Student Conduct and Discipline rules and be able to understand the stages within the procedure.
- To know where to obtain advice, guidance and to identify the key contacts who can advise on student misconduct and dealing with them at a local level.
- Participants will have the opportunity to apply the exploration of case studies to the procedures.
Staff working with students on a regular basis.
No previous experience required
- Tuesday, November 28, 2017
- 9:30am - 11:00am
- Committee Room 2, Town Hall