*cancelled*Peer Assessment and Feedback
The recently launched University Strategy places strong emphasis on a requirement to equip our students for success through a pedagogy focused on developing skills for both academic success and future employment. Central to this goal is a recognition of the need to engage our students as part of a community of learners supported by their peers. Peer Assessment and Feedback activities are regularly promoted as strong enablers of this process within Higher Education.
Participants of this workshop will be invited to explore the affordances, benefits, and implications of Peer Assessment and Feedback alongside the conditions that can facilitate its adoption as part of an enhanced teaching and learning strategy
On completion of this workshop participants will:
- Understand a range of affordances and benefits of Peer Assessment and Feedback as a mechanism for learner development
- Have explored a range of Peer Assessment strategies available to them
- Have considered the implications of adopting Peer Assessment within their own teaching practice.
- Have been offered authentic student views of peer assessment via a local case study
Relevant UKPSF Indicators:
A1, A2, A3, A4, K2, K3, V2, V4
- case study
The workshop will be activity and discussion based. Although no online activities will be included in the session participants are invited to bring along laptops should they wish to access additional support materials within a dedicated My Learning module developed exclusively for the workshop.
Please sign up in advance. In order to run a session we require a minimum of five participants. In case where this is not met 48hrs in prior to the session we will add your name to the waiting list for the next available date.
For more information, contact CAPE on x14709
- Thursday, November 23, 2017
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Committee Room 2, Town Hall