*Cancelled* Leading through Change
Type of Workshop
This workshop will help you to understand the nature of change and the most effective ways to support your teams through a change process. It will allow you to take a step back and examine the impact of change and discover tools to help build resilience and help others to do the same. The focus of the workshop will be on the key skills involved in leading effectively through change and after change including communication and conflict resolution. At least half of the workshop will be spent on exploring your own change situations and also practising using a selection of practical change tools and techniques.
By the end of the workshop you will:
- Understand why individuals react to change the way they do
- Be able to differentiate between things you can influence and things you can not
- Recognise the main barriers to change, how it impacts on the way people work and be able to create strategies for overcoming resistance to change
- Be clear about your role in the change process
- Be able to engage others to build their commitment to the change and help them to work constructively through change
- Have a personal action plan specifically designed to support the implementation of your change
This workshop is designed for both professional and academic staff who are leading and managing their teams through times of change at work. It is suitable for managers and senior managers who have the responsibility for implementing and leading the introduction of change initiatives and wish to enhance their knowledge and skills in strategic change management.
We use a variety of training methods including group discussions, action learning sets, case studies and templates and tools. We also provide online resources including useful models, templates, exercises and articles covering a range of topics that are made available to attendees of our courses.
This workshop supports your development in line with the Middlesex Leadership Model.
- Monday, July 2, 2018
- 9:30am - 12:30pm
- Room CG83, College House
- Colindeep Lane, NW9 6HB